• Shiatsu works exceptionally well with animals, particularly dogs, horses, and cats. I have an affinity with animals and have worked quite often with dogs, with very good results. In addition, I kept a much missed cat friend alive to age 22 with Shiatsu…..seriously! I have recently worked with several Great Danes (wonderful creatures with,Continue reading “Animals – Shiatsu for your Shitzhu?”
the University of Derby with news that it boasts a unique degree course in a healing art made fashionable by stars such as Jennifer Aniston.
The former Friends star is reputed to have regular Shiatsu massages which aid a wide range of conditions such as back pain, whiplash injuries, sports injuries, depression and digestive problems.
• Links to Shiatsu Internationally: Shin So Shiatsu International Shiatsu Therapy and Japanese Shiatsu Sourcepoint Vancouver, B.C. EAST-WEST College: Australia’s oldest Shiatsu and Massage school The Shiatsu Therapy Association of Australia Japanese Acupuncture and shiatsu The Shiatsu Society U.K. European Shiatsu Federation American Organization for Body Therapies of Asia Zen Shiatsu Society • • •
Shiatsu is a Japanese Bodywork therapy effective in treating a wide range of health issues naturally.
Deeply relaxing to receive, Shiatsu involves the application of gentle, but deep, pressure on the Meridians and acupoints as used in acupuncture.
• Shiatsu Therapy in the Corporate World Stress Management Programs for Stressed Managers. “Shiatsu Therapy for Corporate bodies” •
Reflexology, like Shiatsu, works on the understanding that all parts connect to the whole. Reflexology: The practice of manipulating points on the hands or feet to balance energy flow around the body, stimulating the body’s natural healing process. The points on the hands and feet are called reflexes and each reflex corresponds to a differentContinue reading “Reflexology”
• Philosophy behind Oriental Medicine The philosophy underlying most forms of Shiatsu comes from Taoism. The Western viewpoint is that things, if left to their own devices, will get more chaotic. Taoism explores the way in which some systems naturally start to re-balance themselves when they move away from equilibrium. The Western viewpoint is largelyContinue reading “Philosophy behind Oriental Medicine”
• Shiatsu Research The following are some examples of the latest research being conducted in both Asia and the West into the efficacy of Shiatsu for treating a broad range of conditions. • • The Systematic Evidence Review for Shiatsu The Systematic Evidence Review for Shiatsu has now been published. This Review was commissioned byContinue reading “Shiatsu Research”
• The roots of shiatsu are ancient… …however, in the twentieth century, with all manner of things in states of rapid change, there arose a need to define shiatsu in a way intelligible to western science, and as previously stated, Shiatsu was not fully accepted officially, until 1964. • Tokujiru Namikoshi, the “father” ofContinue reading “Evolution of Shiatsu”