According to The Harvard Medical School Guide to Tai Chi : regular practice (of Tai Chi) leads to more vigor and flexibility, better balance and mobility, and a sense of well-being.
• Shiatsu Massage and Reduced Blood Pressure – Healthy News Service. •
• • Much of the stress that we encounter today is not from an immediate and identifiable source — it is in the background, constantly niggling away. With this persistent, low-lying stress, the body is on the alert a lot of the time. As a result, the systems are always on the defensive, and aContinue reading “What to Expect in a Shiatsu session”
• A testimonial for shiatsu: (video approximately 9 minutes) • Dr.Oz Dr. Oz is best known as a guest on the Oprah Winfrey Show. He is a professor and Vice Chairman of Surgery at Columbia University in New York City. Dr. Mehmet Oz is also the Director of the Cardiovascular Institute, and founder and DirectorContinue reading “Dr Oz Speaks on Shiatsu and its Cardiovascular Benefits”
• Tai Chi prevents falls…..
• Slow Movement with Awareness: Better than Hard Exercise? | Psychology Today. Slow Movement with Awareness: Better than Exercise? How you move is as important as how much you move Published on July 6, 2010 Cardiovascular exercise is now known to be essential for health and well-being. If exercise is your only form of movement,Continue reading “Slow Movement with Awareness (like Qi Gong): Better than (Hard) Exercise? | Psychology Today”
• The Philosophy behind Oriental Medicine The philosophy underlying most forms of Shiatsu comes from Taoism. The Western viewpoint is that things, if left to their own devices, will get more chaotic. Taoism explores the way in which some systems naturally start to re-balance themselves when they move away from equilibrium. The Western viewpoint isContinue reading “An Oriental Medical Perspective”
• An excellent book on QiGong as a way to all round improved health: • Dragon and Tiger Medical QiGong •
5 Little Known Benefits of Shiatsu Massage by James Calvin Shiatsu massage, also known as acupressure, is a point-pressure massage using the fingers. It is designed to help regulate the flow of energy within the body. During a shiatsu massage, thumb, fingers, palms or feet to the body apply pressure. This type of massage helpsContinue reading “5 Little Known Benefits of Shiatsu Massage”