• Is Shiatsu massage the ultimate stress relief treatment? • • My First Shiatsu Massage I opened my eyes suddenly. He was smiling at me. Then I realised I must have fallen asleep. It was an unusual feeling. Energized, refreshed and relaxed, all at the same time. And it was so enjoyable. If thatContinue reading “Shiatsu the Ultimate…….?”
Reflexology, like Shiatsu, works on the understanding that all parts connect to the whole. Reflexology: The practice of manipulating points on the hands or feet to balance energy flow around the body, stimulating the body’s natural healing process. The points on the hands and feet are called reflexes and each reflex corresponds to a differentContinue reading “Reflexology”
• Philosophy behind Oriental Medicine The philosophy underlying most forms of Shiatsu comes from Taoism. The Western viewpoint is that things, if left to their own devices, will get more chaotic. Taoism explores the way in which some systems naturally start to re-balance themselves when they move away from equilibrium. The Western viewpoint is largelyContinue reading “Philosophy behind Oriental Medicine”
” What People are saying about Shiatsu ” “I prefer Shiatsu to any other techniques. Shiatsu has made such a difference in my body alignment that I am able to once again participate in all the activities I love, pain free!” – Glenda L. Naturopathic Doctor I rely on Shiatsu therapy for migraine headache andContinue reading “Testimonials”
• ♥♥♥♥♥ My (not so anymore) little, girl! Now ten years old! A big fan of Shiatsu. ……and Qi Gong too.
• Shiatsu Research The following are some examples of the latest research being conducted in both Asia and the West into the efficacy of Shiatsu for treating a broad range of conditions. • • The Systematic Evidence Review for Shiatsu The Systematic Evidence Review for Shiatsu has now been published. This Review was commissioned byContinue reading “Shiatsu Research”
• The roots of shiatsu are ancient… …however, in the twentieth century, with all manner of things in states of rapid change, there arose a need to define shiatsu in a way intelligible to western science, and as previously stated, Shiatsu was not fully accepted officially, until 1964. • Tokujiru Namikoshi, the “father” ofContinue reading “Evolution of Shiatsu”